Our Churches
Our Churches Glenaray   and   Inveraray   Parish   Church,   which   is   situated   in   the   centre   of town.   The   Church   is   a   category   A   listed   building,   originally   two   Churches under    one    roof,    one    for    Gaelic    worshippers    and    the    other    for    English speakers,   but   with   the   decline   in   Gaelic,   the   Gaelic   Church   was   turned   into the Church Hall in 1957. Cumlodden   Church,   located   on   the   outskirts   of   Furnace   was   built   in   1841 with    a    church    vestry    added    in    the    early    1900s.    The    church    can accommodate up to 160 people. Lochfyneside    Church,    now    closed,        was    located    in    Minard.    It    was    a corrugated-iron   Speirs   building   erected   in   1910   and   accommodated   up   to 60   people.   It   was   not   greatly   used   and   the   Kirk   Session   took   the   decision to close the church. Lochgair Church is a very attractive small Church building which was built in 1867 and can accommodate up to 90 people. Lochgair   Church   Hall   was   built   in   1972   and   stands   in   urgent   need   of attention.        Cumlodden,    Lochfyneside    and    Lochgair    Kirk    Session    in partnership   with   the   Lochgair   community   are   presently   looking   at   ways   to refurbish or combine both in the near future. The   manse   for   the   linked   parishes   is   located   in   Inveraray.   It   lies   on   the A83,   heading   for   Campbeltown   at   the   south   end   of   the   town   and   just beyond the Loch Fyne Hotel. It is a traditional Scottish Manse, is a category   B   listed   building   and   was   listed   on   20th   July   1971.   It   dates   back to the 19th century, being built in 1842.
Home  -  Our Churches
© Copyright 2014-18  -  All rights Reserved  -  WestLochfyneside Parish  Churches
Web site donated by SKWebpages
Loch Fyne