Cumlodden and Lochgair
History Cumlodden Church, located on the outskirts of Furnace was built in 1841 with a church vestry added in the early 1900s. The church can accommodate up to 160 people. After severe gale damage it was refurbished in 2012-13. This forms part of a wider examination of all our church buildings . Membership of Cumlodden and Lochgair is around 78 communicant members and around 12 adherents. Church attendance can fluctuate throughout the year depending on holidays etc. Average attendance is about 25. Lochgair Church is a very attractive small church building which was built in 1867 and can accommodate up to 90 people. Lochgair Church Hall was built in 1972 and stands in urgent need of attention. Cumlodden and Lochgair Kirk Session in partnership with the Lochgair community are presently looking at ways to refurbish or combine both in the near future.
© Copyright 2014-20 - All rights Reserved - WestLochfyneside Parish Churches
Web site donated by SKWebpages
Lochfyneside
Charity No. SC016097
Interim Moderator: Margaret Jacobsen